This advanced course will involve in depth analysis and re-modelling of existing basic stress calculations provided for each example
Over this period of 3 days, the following topics will be introduced at the appropriate section of modelling or analysis for the specific study in hand.
The topics shall include as follows:
Chosen option :
a) Vessels and Tanks
b) Shell and Tube heat exchangers
Exercise – Static Equipment
- Develop specific load cases for this static analysis
- Imposed thermal displacements
- Analyze the system and identify the problem areas from the base piping model built.
- Understanding the various types of flanges in industry
- The methodology behind flange leakage analysis
- Review the calculation & output results
- The linear and non-linear methodology of analysis
- Determine problem areas and planning for the remedy
- Include local vessel flexibilities using eg.WRC 297
- Evaluation of local vessel stresses according to eg.WRC 107
- Re-review output results and finalise the calculation
Note : A basic stress model for each exercise will be provided, the participants will be able to modify the model/s as the training progresses.