This advanced course will involve in depth analysis and re-modelling of existing basic stress calculations provided for each example
Over this period of 3 days, the following topics will be introduced at the appropriate section of modelling or analysis for the specific study in hand.
The topics shall include as follows:
Chosen option :
b) Air coolers (Fin Fan)
Exercise – Rotating Equipment
- Explore spring hanger selection techniques,
- Using the default spring selector and compare against manual selection
- Expansion joint modelling and evaluation
- Analyze the system and identify the problem areas from the base piping model built.
- Review calculation & output results
- Determine problem areas and plan for remedy
- Consider equipment nozzle alignment checks to ensure that sustained
- Ensure loads from the piping are not imposed on the equipment nozzle and are within tolerances
- Verification of API loads
- Re-review output results and finalise the calculation
Note : A basic stress model for each exercise will be provided, the participants will be able to modify the model/s as the training progresses.